Work With Us
Salary Dependent on Experience
We are looking for a part time accounts assistant to join our long established friendly practice. We offer a personal, tailored approach to clients, so the ideal candidate must possess fantastic client interaction skills and be willing to "go the extra mile".
The successful candidate will ideally be AAT qualified or qualified by experience with recent practice experience, and will be assisting the manager on a part time basis. Duties to include preparing VAT records and returns, accounts for sole traders and small Ltd Companies. Some knowledge of income tax and payroll would be an advantage but not essential.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, diligent and hardworking with a can-do attitude who is comfortable with managing the accounts on their own for the most part.
- Processing information received from clients through a computerised accounting package, normally VT, Xero or Quickbooks, on a timely basis
- Preparing VAT returns for submission to clients for their approval
- Preparing and completing accounts files for review by the manager
- Dealing with clients on a day to day basis with regards to their queries and with matters arising during the preparation of the accounts
- Maximising the use of the firm’s computer system for preparation of accounts and working papers
- Processing the payroll and auto enrolment for our clients
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
Qualifications and experience
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Relevant practice experience
- Experience of preparing sole trader and small company accounts plus VAT records and returns
- VT and other commercial accounting software experience including generating reports and problem solving
- IT literate and able to use Microsoft Word and excel
- Car parking
- Auto enrolment pension scheme